Still Waiting for Interview with VA Regarding Fudiciary

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by Grammy824, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Grammy824

Grammy824 Newbie

I received a phone call about a month ago informing me that the VA would be contacting me to set up a Fudiciary interview and that from VA in Mother's city would interview her. Mother is in assisted living two hours away, blind, deaf, can't walk, so I'm not sure how much interviewing they will be able to do. We received a letter in March that she qualified for assistance and that her benefits would begin in June. I have not received anything to date. Is there someone I can contact to find out when they plan to meet with us, and also when I can expect a check? She has enough savings for one more month in the assisted living facility.
  2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You need to call and speak with someone ASAP. Check the letter that you received to see if it offers another number other than the main 800# to inquire why the pension has not started and to follow up on the appointment.

If you have to call the 800#, call mid-week and later in the day to avoid peak call times.
  3. Grammy824

Grammy824 Newbie

I don't have a phone number other than the 800 #. The letter regarding the interview was sent from the VA in Winston-Salem, NC, but does not provide a contact number.
  4. Max

Max Hero Member

Field examiner appointments are difficult to project or expedite. Ask about it on