Sad news, Dad passed away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caroliso, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Caroliso

Caroliso Jr. Member

I'm sorry to report that my Dad passed away last Tuesday night.

I am extremely grateful for the work of Debbie and others on this site. With their help I was able to get A&A for my Dad at least for a few months. It helped tremendously by reimbursing him for his caregiver expenses. Even a little bit helps.

My question is this, and I asked it in another post so pardon the duplication.

With notification of a date of death of August 23, does A&A end, or is the Sept. 1 payment forthcoming?

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

So sorry to hear this, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I am so thankful that my efforts helped to make a small difference for your dad.

You need to notify the VA of his passing, and don't spend the check if Sept comes in. It may take a couple of months for the VA to stop the checks, so just hang on to them as you will need to send them back.

Again with a heavy heart from one daughter to another. I'm sorry.

3. Magi

Magi Newbie

So sorry to hear this news. Condolences and prayers to you and your family on the passing of your Father.

Magi

4. romalynn

romalynn Newbie

All my sympathy to you. Losing a loved one is so, so terribly difficult. :(

5. maralina1

maralina1 Full Member

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you. We both applied for A&A for our father about the same time. I hope you continue stay in touch with this forum. You have been very helpful with your advice and encouragement for myself and others.

6. Caroliso

Caroliso Jr. Member

thanks, Romalynn and Maralina. I do find myself wanting to check in to see how folks are doing, so I suspect I'll be around longer. Wish I had more expertise to offer but my experience will have to do!