Reference Letters

Discussion in 'Fiduciary questions' started by Deb K, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Deb K

Deb K Newbie

Is there anyone in particular that should serve as a reference? Is the reference written, or as I've seen in other posts, the Field Officer interviewing me for fiduciary status would just call them while with me?

2. Deb K

Deb K Newbie

Hi there, it's been a while. Does anyone have any information for my question?

Thanks.

3. Matt375

Matt375 Jr. Member

From what I gather with speaking with the FidHub Investigators is that is varies with them. Some of them will call your references and others will just use a written document. I know that the ones local to me here (Northern IL) typically call the references.

Kaylin likes this.
  4. DebbieTownley

DebbieTownley Newbie

For my references, I used financial-type individuals-bankers, accountants, etc. They were also readily available for a phone call during business hours. I also readily supplied my financial information so that the investigator would know I was financially competent.

5. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

6. Deb K

Deb K Newbie

OK thanks. It sounds like I'll have to wait and see how they handle it in upstate NY!

Kaylin likes this.
  7. Deb K

Deb K Newbie

Last week, I spoke with the VA Fiduciary Rep that will be meeting with my mom in Florida today. He said the VA no longer contacts references, and that the policy changed recently. Now, there is simply a form to complete with the reference's name, address and phone number which they keep on file. If something strange came up in their background check of the potential fiduciary person, then they may contact the reference (without disclosing what the background check revealed), just as an extra layer of investigation.

Kaylin likes this.
  8. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Good to know! Thank you for coming back to update us on this change, @Deb K