Recipient of A&A Benefit is now on Title 19 - next steps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Stopka, Sep 21, 2018.

  1. Lori Stopka

    Lori Stopka Newbie

    My father-in-law has been receiving the A&A pension for many months now. He has been a private pay resident of a Skilled Nursing Facility. All his money is now gone and we have applied for Title 19. He currently receives SS and his VA pension via direct deposit into his checking account. The nursing home informed me that he is entitled to keep $60 of his SS and $90 of his VA Pension but the remainder must be paid to the nursing home and we should contact the VA to switch his A&A pension to a "skilled nursing" pension, that way only the $90 will be deposited into his checking and the rest will go directly to the nursing home.

    Does anyone know which VA forms I would need to submit to "switch" the kind of pension he receives?


Share This Page