Received Benefits Yesterday

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by sduckett, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sduckett

sduckett Newbie

Great news! My dad received a phone call about 10 days ago asking him a couple of questions and telling him that he qualified for the benefit. Yesterday almost $5k appeared in his checking account which I asume is for payment of benefits from March 1, 2010, the date I sent the application in. So, I guess that's pretty good... just four months!!

All I can say is that I followed the instructions on this site to the letter as far as the suggestions to use the 3 ring binder and make sure absolutely nothing was missing from the application with backup documentation for all his financial information and that seemed to work.

Thank you so much to everyone on this site who so willingly shares information. Good luck to all of you!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Great news to start the day off with. Congratulations and thanks for making this post as encouragement for those still waiting.

It is so critical to send a complete package providing everything necessary for consideration of the application.

Be sure to keep all receipts so you will be prepared when the EVR comes.