Reapplying for Aid & Attendance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kasey, Apr 1, 2015.

  1. Kasey

    Kasey Newbie

    My mother received the Aid and Attendance benefit for a couple of years: 2008-2010. When she sold her house, her net worth increased and the benefit was suspended. She is 96, in assisted living, and has spent most of her money, so we need to reapply. I took over the process from my brother but became so confused by the forms he gave me that I called our local VA office. They have a record of my mother's claim but told me that I need to submit everything that we submitted the first time and send it to them. I am in the process of gathering all the information and filling out the forms.

    Should I submit a Medical Expense Report, 21P-8416, and does it matter if it is for FY2014 or should it be the past year, April 2014 to April 2015? Since I contacted the local office, should I send them a copy of the application or just let the regional office notify them? My brother initially started the process in 2007 with the local office but there were a lot of delays and I want to avoid that.

    It was a great relief to find your website last weekend. I now have the confidence to complete this application myself. Thank you so much.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You can submit the 21P-8416 for 2014.

    Do not use the local office. You need to mail the complete application and all documents to the proper pension center that handles her state.

    Good luck with everything!

    Milwaukee Pension Maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    5400 West National Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53214
    Processes claims for the following states:
    AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, WI.

    St. Paul Pension Maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling
    St. Paul, MN 55111-4050
    Processes claims for the following states:
    AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, NM, MT, ND, NE, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY.

    Philadelphia Pension Maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19144
    Processes claims for the following states:
    CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV.

Share This Page