Question - Change in caregiver

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by katiescarlett88, Sep 4, 2015.

  1. My mother currently receives A&A. We want to move her from assisted living to our home with part time home health aides. I will provide her care part time as well. The amount paid to us will be roughly the same as assisted living cost. With no annual report to file, is there a need to report the change? We are also trying to figure out any income tax implications for us once she lives here and pays me to take care of her.

  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    You would want to use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to let them know of her residence change. As long as she keeps paying close to the same amount to you and part-time aides, you'll be fine on the finance side.

    The tax issue will be something you need to determine for you.

Share This Page