Moving To Nursing Home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ktakacs, Apr 1, 2015.

  1. Ktakacs

    Ktakacs Newbie

    My mother who has received aid and attendance for nearly 6 years has now been transferred to skilled nursing facility from her assisted living residence. She will not be returning to the ALF. I know I need to contact the VA of this change and expect the award to be adjusted to $ 90. Which form do I use and do i need to get a letter of occupancy from the nursing home. i have been unable to find the correct forms on the VA website. Please advise. I want to get this info sent to the VA ASAP. She will be applying for Medicaid in CT to cover the costs of her care as she has no income or assets other than her SS.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to notify them.

    Once she is granted Medicaid, they automatically do it, but it is best to be ahead of the curve.

    Do a Statement of Occupancy from the Nursing Home.

Share This Page