Military Discharge Question

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by Andrew, Oct 19, 2016.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Newbie

    I'm reading through the Guide to VA Benefits and Long-Term Care pamphlet provided by A Place for Mom, it notes that in order for the surviving spouse to be eligible, the veteran must have received an honorable or general discharge.

    We have located the discharge papers and find that our veteran received a DD258N Discharge under other than honorable conditions. I am assuming that this does not meet the requirement of general discharge above, but I was hoping to confirm that.

    Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    Good question, Andrew. Unfortunately it looks like this is going to make the veteran and spouse not eligible for the benefit. Unless a veteran/spouse can provide very clear and concise evidence that would prove this discharge was incorrect or not justly given.
  3. Andrew

    Andrew Newbie

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Kaylin likes this.

Share This Page