Hospital copays

Discussion in 'Expenses' started by jackscott, Mar 4, 2015.

1. jackscott

jackscott Newbie

Hello - I'm a Vietnam vet approved for A & A for less than full benefit. I recently had to be hospitalized several times with copays for ambulances and hospital stay expenses over $5 k after Medicare paid their share. How do I get reimbursed for this? Thanks in advance.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jack,

Thank you for your service to our country!

Those expenses are not ongoing and monthly fees that can be claimed to increase your award amount.

3. jackscott

jackscott Newbie

Dear vetadmin, Thank you for your reply. I should clarify:

I am trying to get reimbursed as these expenses occured before my partial award date but are in the one year time frame to collect for
    retroactive expenses. I have arranged with the hospital to make monthly payments on them. Do I submit them now as medical expenses with a 21-0516-1 improved EVR even though they are not paid in full OR should I submit them with a VBA-21-4138 - Statement In Support Of Claim for increase in monthly benefit as it is a recurring expense?

Thank you for your fine work on this forum.

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jack,

You can use the 21-4138 Statement in Support to show the expenses, but again, don't think they will increase your award, although I hope I am wrong, but it can't hurt to try.

Thank you for your kind words about my efforts with the site and forums.