Granted SMC for Aid & Attendance, but not paid! (Removed by MollyG)

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by MollyG, Mar 19, 2014.

1. MollyG

MollyG Newbie

Message removed for personal reasons.

2. suse

suse Jr. Member

Re: Granted SMC for Aid & Attendance, but not paid!

Molly, I suggest you contact your state senator. Senator John Connelly's office was extremely helpful in helping us expedite the A&A application process & the approval. I was told to send our information to Waco but followed the advise here & sent it to St. Paul MN. We live in Texas & called the senator's office in Dallas. Good Luck!

3. MollyG

MollyG Newbie

Thank you, Suse! I have been contemplating a call, a visit, or a letter to our US Senators, Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, and to our US Rep, Roger Williams. Several people who have been involved with the long process of filing claims and appeals with the VA have strongly advised consulting with Congress members in order to light a fire under the Waco Regional Office claims reviewers, and I am encouraged to do that even more so after reading your message.

Again, thank you for responding, and I will try to at least talk with Congressman Williams' office this coming week. We have appointments in Austin on Monday, in Temple on Tuesday, and in Austin again on Thursday. If the Austin Clinic would ever get their act together and make sure we're paid for travel on a timely basis...HA!...we wouldn't have to worry about every little penny while trudging up and down the highways...travel pay...don't get me started!! They owe us over $400 at this point, and by Thursday that will increase to close to $500.

Wish me luck...again!

With many blessings to you and yours,

Molly

4. suse

suse Jr. Member

I strongly suggest getting help through Cornyn's office. From what I hear his inquiries in these matters carries a lot of weight. They also expedited the fiduciary meeting. Cornyn has a staff that handles nothing but these inquiries. Good luck.

5. 4thdan

4thdan Guest

Molly,

My prayers are with you and Wayne. I appreciate you sharing details with us. There is a thread on this site called "I work for the VA ask me anything" opened by VSR, at this link

http://www.veteranaid.org/forums/index.php/topic,2497.msg11233.html#msg11233

If it were me I would ask my question there, too.

6. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Molly,

I am sending you a private message for a resource.