Form 21-4138 Filing for Surviving Spouse, whose name do I use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buffinpam, Jan 28, 2015.

  1. buffinpam

    buffinpam Newbie

    I've spent many hours looking through this website and appreciate the information so much.

    I am going to file Form 21-4138 as the informal claim for my mother-in-law, who is the surviving spouse of a deceased veteran. I have seen the information on this site as to the language to put re: 38 CFR 3.155 Informal Claim. I know my mother-in-law needs to sign the form, but do I put her name in the blank at the top where it asks for the name of the veteran (and use her social security number) or do I put her deceased husband's name (and social security number)?

    Thanks very much for your assistance.
  2. OhioVSO

    OhioVSO Newbie


    Veteran's name and SS# at the top. See attached sample.

    You should fax it in by the end of the month.

    Attached Files:

  3. buffinpam

    buffinpam Newbie

    Thanks so much for the reply,
  4. buffinpam

    buffinpam Newbie

    I have searched on the forums for the Milwaukee Pension fax number and have not been able to find it. Does anyone know what it is?
  5. OhioVSO

    OhioVSO Newbie

    PMC Fax Number
    St. Paul 215-842-4420
    Milwaukee 215-842-4430
    Philadelphia 215-842-4410
  6. buffinpam

    buffinpam Newbie

    Thanks for the fax number!

Share This Page