Form 21-2680 Question 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rayornot, Jan 7, 2015.

  1. rayornot

    rayornot Newbie

    I am helping my mother file for the surviving spouse's benefit of Aid and Attendance. My father was a WWII veteran. The VA requires that we submit the form for Examination for Housebound Status (Form 21-2680). I am unable to find any instructions on how to fill out this form. Most is self-explanatory, but I am confused by item 5 "Claim Number". Since this is a new claim, I have no idea what the VA wants in that box. Should I just put in "N/A"? Or would it be my father's VA File Number?
  2. OhioVSO

    OhioVSO Newbie


    Just leave it blank.

    That wouldn't be the advice for just about any other line or box on a VA form; but is in this case, it is.

    The VA will assign a claim number that probably will be the Veteran's social security number.

Share This Page