For 21-4138 for Surviving Spouse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IrishMarie, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. IrishMarie

    IrishMarie Newbie

    I have the form 21-4138 (Statement in Support of Claim" to send now while we gather the rest of paperwork. I found the statement to use on the middle part of the form but am confused as to what I list on the first father as the veteran or my mom who the aid will be for? Want to do this right!
  2. veteranadvocate

    veteranadvocate Full Member

    The veteran's name, social security number and claim number (if there is one) will go at the top of the form. Your mother will sign the form with her name. The VA will see from the application (21-534) that she is the widow of the veteran.

    The Veteran Advocate

Share This Page