EVR confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robc, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Robc

Robc Newbie

Hello. My dad was awarded A&A benefits in Oct. 1 2010 and the direct deposit started that month. We JUST received his award letter in January 2011. The letter states how they calculated the benefit, etc. In the same envelope was the EVR. Do I fill all of this out again even though he was just awarded 3 months ago?

2. Fit2009

Fit2009 Sr. Member

you need to fill it out and return it by March 1st

3. kayellen

kayellen Newbie

Wait please --- We filed for A & A in August of 09 --- we received 3 or 4 months back benefit in Dec of 09 --- along with the benefit letter was an EVR, but it was to only be filled out if we wanted to claim benefits BEFORE the August 09 date. Read it very carefully. We did not fill it out and everything was OK --- This year we received the EVR for all that was paid in 2010, which we completed by deadline.

Just read accompanying letter very carefully. Our letter was asking if we wanted to claim benefits
    BEFORE the originally filing date ;D

4. AnnieN

AnnieN Newbie

Kayellen, when I received the approved claim decision for my Mom (the veteran) the fourth page of the award letter included a paragraph that said, "You May Be Entitled To Pension Up To One Year Prior To the Date Of Your Claim". It contained instructions for filling in medical costs for one year prior to the date of the claim, which I followed and submitted. After the fiduciary process, they sent a check for 12 months times the maximum award.

From reading this site it sounds like most people don't get this statement in their award letter. I don't know why I did. If you did, and if you can still apply for it, I recommend it. AnnieN

5. caregiverx2

caregiverx2 Newbie

AnnieN, may I ask what documents you sent back to VA to get your Mom qualified for the previous 12 monhths?
    thanks,
    caregiverX2

6. AnnieN

AnnieN Newbie

Past 12 Months

Hi, I'm a caregiver too... Anyway, there is a thread on this where I listed the forms. I found it by searching on "Past 12". Here's the link: http://www.veteranaid.org/forums/index.php/topic,969.msg3512.html#msg3512

AnnieN