Discharge Papers

Discussion in 'How to Apply Questions' started by RandyB, Apr 4, 2017.

  1. RandyB

    RandyB Newbie

    My father was a WWII veteran and I have his Notice of Separation from U.S. Naval Service. Form NAVPerS-553. There is a certificate of elgilbility number stamped at the bottom of the form. I have helping my mother get Spousal Survivor benefits so I am gathering all the documents. Can I use this form when I apply? It is not a DD-214 which I'm not sure if they had that form number back in 1945.
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    Hello RandyB. I answered your personal message you sent to me. But from what I understand and have heard from others on the forums the Notice of Separation papers from U.S. Naval Service will work in place of DD214

Share This Page