Contact Info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IrishMarie, Mar 18, 2009.

  1. IrishMarie

    IrishMarie Newbie

    I understand about avoiding the "dementia" being put in writing by doctor for application for A&A. However, in working on the application, I really need to list me as the contact number for my mom.....she gets too confused, etc. and could not handle getting any phone calls or even mail from VA. What is the best way to do this - simply? Can I just put "in care of" and list my telephone numbers and email for my Mom on a cover letter or separate page for contact info?
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You can't avoid the doctor making true and accurate information about the applicant. You just need to know how to address it after the VA makes their ruling regarding it.

    We would suggest that you just list your address on the application and be sure to include form 21-22a making you "Claimant's Representative".
  3. IrishMarie

    IrishMarie Newbie

    Re: Form 21-22a

    Sent off my mom's application on 4/17/09. Heard back in two weeks that it was rec'd and to not contact them - they would contact me. Hummmm..

    Yesterday rec'd letter with the Form 21-22a returned and another form to fill out stating that I am not being paid any compensation for helping my mom. Ok, will fill out and send in. I figure this is just the beginning of the "game". On the form it asks for "The claim, benefit or relief at issue is" I put in here "The Aid and Attendance (A&A) Special Pension" ? I want to be sure to answer this correctly and not have a little thing put stop on the application. Is this what others have put on the form?
  4. swainlaw

    swainlaw Newbie

    What office did you get this request from?
  5. Fit2009

    Fit2009 Sr. Member

    Hi IrishMarie,
    That "no fee charged" form has become pretty standard in the last few months. They want to make sure no one is charging to help with the application now that lawyers are flying into the field. The issue at hand, assuming your mother is a surviving spouse of a veteran is Initial Death Pension with Housebound and/or Aid and Attendance or any other benefits (mom's name) may be entitled to as the suriving spouse of (husband's name).
    Good Luck!

Share This Page