Claim Received but waiting for outcome

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by marlene12, Mar 12, 2015.

1. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

My mother is 92 years old and I completed all the paperwork and sent it certified mail in January. I included the 3rd party paperwork to allow them to contact me because my mom is in assisted living few hours away from me. She also doesn't understand the process so I wanted to be notified if they needed anything. Well they confirmed on Jan 17th that they received the paperwork but the letter went to my mom's address at the assisted living facility. So they ignored the request of contacting me and also I put a cover letter asking for the claim to be expedited to her advance age. In that letter they said they would review and if anything else is required they would advise. The pension center is in St. Paul and on the website they have a registration to Ebenefits where you can get a status of your claim. I tried to registered but they can't locate my mom in their system and keep getting error codes. Does anyone have any experience with St. Paul and any advice so I can find out how long it will take. Thanks Marlene

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Marlene,

You need to call them and follow up on the application. Ebenefits is not always the best updated source.

Depending on what you find out, let us know, if you run into a problem with what they have to say.

3. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

Thank you for your response. I will try contacting them and let you know what I find out.
    Marlene

4. vetadmin

Marlene,

Please do.

5. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

I received 2 letters one asking for additional information concerning the amount paid and where my mom is living at. Even though I requested any information that is needed to please contact me since my mom is 1 hour away they continue to send the letters to her address. The 2nd letter was to apologize for taking so long but they were still reviewing my case. They also suggested using the ebenefits website so I could scan and send the documents back to them for quicker response. I would love to do this, but the Ebenefits registration doesn't work at all. I have been unable to register so that option is out. I sent the documents certified mail and now back to waiting for their response. I will advise the outcome which I hope is a good one.

Marlene

6. vetadmin

DO NOT use the ebenefits system. For whatever reason if you update any info on there, it treats it like a new claim. You do not want that!

Send them what they have asked for.

7. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

Thank you for the warning. I am glad I wasn't able to registered. I will only use mail. Thanks again and I will update when I hear back from them.

Marlene

8. vetadmin

You're welcome.

9. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

On Saturday I saw a Federal Benefit deposited into my mom's account. It looks like my claim was processed. Since they do not correspond with me as requested I have no idea what the monthly amount is. I will have to wait until May to find out. The amount deposited is more than one month but not sure if it was for 2 or 3 months. I checked with the Assisted living facility and they haven't received any mail from them. I am very happy that my claim was processed quickly and I can only advise everyone else that is doing this is to complete all the paperwork as requested and send the forms by certified mail. Thank you for your help.

Marlene

10. vetadmin

Marlene,

Sounds like you made it to the Finish Line, and happy to hear that a deposit was made.

There should have been an award letter telling you that she was approved and for what amount. if you don't receive it, you will know the amount come the 1st of May.