claim # and packet arrived - seems outdated ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ltd123, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ltd123

ltd123 Newbie

In response to my informal claim, the VA just sent me the packet to fill out. Their form 21-526 has 2 holes punched through the top of all papers. At the bottom, it says VA form Jan 2004.
    On the forms I have already filled out between sending the informal claim and getting the claim number, the 21-526 says VA form Sept 09 at the bottom and says the 2004 form will no longer be accepted. I downloaded the forms I have already filled out from the VA site.

1. why are they sending out forms they say they won't accept? I don't really care why... I guess I am just checking to see if my interpretation is correct.
    2. Can I just send in the already completed 2009 forms and expect things to go smoothly or should I redo the info onto forms they sent (the ones that say 2004 at the bottom)

Thanks for the help.
    I am excited to get the claim packet today . I feel like a few more questions to this forum and I will be done.
  2. pattyclarke

pattyclarke Newbie

I also sent in an informal letter requesting A&A benefits for my 92 year-old mother-in-law and received the same application form you did. I used the current downloaded version. But it is puzzling why they would send out an obsolete form.

Good Luck,
  3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The VA is not good at making sure the memo gets out to everyone when forms change. It is also a way to deny or postpone claims being processed for having been submitted on an outdated form. You want the 09.