Charging to complete form

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kendot, Sep 18, 2014.

1. kendot

kendot Newbie

I contacted my veterans Doctor's office today about completing form21-2680 and was told that they now charge $50.00 to complete this form. We must have it to file our claim and are willing to pay if necessary...is this a common practice?

2. VA Legal Team

VA Legal Team Full Member

Was the fee for that specific form or for any form?

I've never heard of a doctor charging a fee to complete a VA form specifically.

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I also have never heard of one's personal Doctor charging a fee to complete this form.

Something does not sound right here.

4. kendot

kendot Newbie

This fee was for the form that is required to be filled out by a doctor.
    According to the social worker that is attached to this practice, this is a recent change. My veteran currently is covered by one of the so called advantage plans under social security which amounts to an HMO and has a limited number of doctors in their network. His previous Doctor was awful and it took some doing on our part to persuade him to try another doctor. His current Doc is quite satisfactory & he has been in his care for almost 2 years now.
    We only recently utilized the services at the VA. I assumed that his current Doc would be able to make a more compelling case for his need for A&A as opposed to the Doc at VA who only saw him once.
    As is the case with many of the folks on this forum, his resources at 93 are shrinking rapidly and his needs are expanding.

5. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I am unaware of any changes that would permit this fee to be attached to completing this form. You certainly want the Dr who would better complete the form and has a more extensive record of his physical state. If they are requiring the fee for completion, you may not have an option here, but will say, think that it is taking gross advantage.