Changing the amount of A&A Benefit

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by RLN, Dec 26, 2015.

  1. RLN

    RLN Newbie

    I am new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me with this question. My Mom's long term care recently ran out reducing her countable income to a negative of about $150/month. How do I go about asking for an increase in her monthly benefit? I am sure there is a VA form somewhere, but I cannot locate one that applies to this situation. I would greatly appreciate any assistance from the group. Thank you.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to update her status.

    You will want to include verification that the policy is no longer in affect and note the change in her finances due to no longer having the coverage from the LTC policy.

Share This Page