Caregiver Affidavit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackscott, Feb 24, 2015.

  1. jackscott

    jackscott Newbie

    New member here recently qualified for A & A. HUGE pain getting approved. My pension award is small but helpful. I have my paperwork assembled for submission to receive reimbursement for 2014 homecare expenses but I am missing a caregiver affidavit from an individual who provided part time care but has recently moved out of the area. I have no way to contact this person for his endorsement. I do have cancelled checks for payment. Is this enough evidence to proceed? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    That should work for you given that you do have proof of payments.
  3. 330PMC

    330PMC Newbie

    canceled checks will be hit or miss depending on who processes the claim actually. it isn't the same as a receipt of goods.

    The evidence submitted must include

    • the amount paid
    • the date payment was made
    • the purpose of the payment (the nature of the product or service provided)
    • the name of the person to or for whom the product or service was provided
    • identification of the provider to whom payment was made.

Share This Page