Care Provider Cost, Moving to Nursing Home, and Address Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abbypal, May 2, 2018.

  1. Abbypal

    Abbypal Newbie

    When my father-in-law initially got approved for the A&A, he was living in an independent living facility. He was paying my husband $200/month for care assistance. Since 2012, he has moved to an assisted living and last month we moved him to a nursing home. I saw from another thread I need to let the VA know he has moved to a nursing home. Should we stop the $200/month payment for care since he will be getting full time care? If so, what form do I use to provide that information to the VA?

    Will the form notifying them of moving to a nursing home be sufficient as a change of address notification or do I need to fill out another form for that?

Share This Page