Bad news-still hopeful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vetwife, Oct 25, 2012.

1. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Well after 7 months my husband received a denial today. :( I was so disappointed I wanted to cry. It is based on income from my employment that ended shortly before we applied. They counted it as if I would continue to earn it for the next year. Otherwise with medical deductions we could have been eligible for a good partial award.

The only good thing is they included an evr with the dates filled in beginning the month we applied. We also have to fill out a new medical expense report. We will get these submitted right away. I sure hope his claim will not start from the bottom of the pile again. Another long wait will be devasting to us.

2. lonestarlady

lonestarlady Newbie

So sorry to hear of your set back after waiting so long. Hopefully all will still work out. We are still waiting. We are right at the 6 month marks, so I am going to start my letter writing!

3. suse

suse Jr. Member

Oh vetwife, I am so sorry. How many months was it before they let you know? Well the good news is you wi qualify. Hopefully it wi be soon. Since I am in Tx ours went to St. Paul...don't know if that is good or bad. Have heard some centers are better than others. You are in my prayers.

Suse

4. maralina1

maralina1 Full Member

Vetwife, it seems to me that you could fax a Statement in Support of Claim form explaining your loss of income shortly after the claim was filed. Explain what date this occurred and your monthly income since that date. I have faxed information to the VA before and I think it gets processed quicker this way.

Remember not to file an appeal. This can delay the claim for years.

5. maralina1

maralina1 Full Member

Forgot to add that maybe you should fax a Medical Expense report with that fax. Just show monthly expenses from date claim was submiited to the present. That could prevent further delays. Good luck

6. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thank you so much for your support Maralina, Suse, and Lonestarlady...

They did include an evr with the dates already filled in starting with the claim date. They also included another medical expense form. I will fill those out right away. I think I should also include a statement in support of claim to clarify, too. I agree that the faxes get recorded quicker. We are out of the Milwaukee office.

It is sad that it took 7 months for them to let us know. We could have submitted this info much sooner.

Thanks again for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.
    God bless all of you.

Vetwife

7. stonewick

stonewick Newbie

same thing happen to us. The AMVET officer who filled out the forms did not include expenses (he said that would be done after it was approved...NOT). We are now working with another certified Veteran Counselor and it was asked to be reopened on May 23, 2012 with on going monthly expenses sent in with the statement in support of claim. Congressional inquiry been going on since June and we are still waiting. Good Luck!!! :-\

8. Max

Max Hero Member

Which congressional office were you dealing with?

9. dianeflys

dianeflys Newbie

Vetwife I am so sorry!..No doubt you will get it resolved, but how frustrating and devastating.

Thank goodness you're a fighter....your husband is lucky to have you!

Best,

Diane

10. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thank you so much for your kind words, Diane. :)
    All the support and encouragement I have received here is what keeps me going.
    I wish you the best of luck with your dad's claim.