Are there yearly renewal requirements for A&A?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucillesur, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lucillesur

lucillesur Newbie

Well, cross your fingers...my mom's A&A application was checked, double checked and faxed and then Fed Ex'd to St. Paul.

If she is lucky enough to get awarded this benefit, is there any kind of renewal process? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row and prepared...

thx!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The VA has discontinued their annual EVR, where you did have to basically re-qualify every year.

If you are appointed as Fiduciary to the applicant there is a different accounting that is separate. You would be notified in that case.

If any status changes for the applicant such as finances, expenses, new facility etc. you would simply notify the VA via VA form 21-4138 - Statement in Support of Claim.

3. lucillesur

lucillesur Newbie

Thanks, Debbie!!

4. lucillesur

lucillesur Newbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks again for your response to this earlier this year.

My mom was awarded the A&A! She is now in assisted living :)

The facility seems unsure as to whether or not they receive any yearly notifications/questions from the VA about this benefit. Meaning, if the VA sends anything out to anyone questioning her status or the care she receives.

I told them I didn't think there was anything like that, but wanted to circle back to you just to double check. The gal I spoke to at Mom's assisted living facility seemed to think a yearly questionnaire/status check was sent out...

Thoughts? And should I notify the VA of her new residence? All of her mail is on record with the VA is coming to me already...

5. vetadmin

First, Congratulations are in order. So happy to hear this!

The VA used to do a yearly review, but that is no longer in affect, so no, there is nothing required unless there are any changes to her expenses or she were to move to another facility. Then you would need to notify the VA.

6. lucillesur

lucillesur Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEBBIE!

I can't thank you enough in general for just having this wonderful website.

;D

7. vetadmin

You're welcome, and thank you!