Applying for A&A from outside U.S.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maven, Feb 2, 2016.

  1. Maven

    Maven Jr. Member

    We have just come to realize that my 89 yr old mother qualifies for the A&A benefit.She is currently staying with us in Belize.Can she apply from outside U.S. and can we send Dr. statement from her physician here in Belize or do we need to take her back home to U.S. and get statement from her Dr there to apply? Thanks for any imput.
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member


    Yes you can still apply for the Aid and Attendance benefit outside of the U.S. We suggest you send the complete application to the Minnesota processing center. The address is listed below.

    St. Paul Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration
    1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling
    St. Paul, MN 55111-4050

    You can use a physician's statement that was filled out by a Dr. in Belize.

Share This Page