Any step by step instructions on the forms/procedures?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SquirrelPrincess, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Just when I think I've got a handle on things, I run into confusion and doubts about how to properly fill out the forms. Is there anywhere that goes through the required forms line by line and explains what each part is asking for? Or any legitimate agency that can give credible assistance?

I'm stressing so much over this process. I want to be sure my husband and I are doing things right because we don't want to mess things up for his dad. He has been an exemplary father and proud veteran, we owe it to him to do all we can for him.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

No, other than the directions on the form, there is not step-by-step directions.

I will send you an email.

3. So sad.
    This is all so overwhelming to me.
    I am told I will get a call and nothing.
    I post a question and nothing.

I don't know how so many others seem to get help here.
    Everything I have asked has fallen by the wayside.
    Oh well.

Thanks for.... nothing.

4. vetadmin

Actually your post was responded to stating that there are no step-by-step directions.

I am sorry that you feel that the forums have not been helpful to you.

I am only one person moderating, answering along with the hundreds of emails that I receive weekly.

5. Umm. to tell the truth, "I" am not the one who asked this question.
    I am also not the one who promised help, then didn't give it... and the next day completely ignored a post i had written to answer a different post, never taking the time to acknowlege the person you promised help, NEEDS help.

I am ONE person too. It is difficult to know how to answer even half of these questions.
    Even more difficult when you have to do it by your self and other that KNOW and have received help
    refuse to help someone.

Wonderful country we live it. That's why so many vets are getting scammed because the ONLY ones that offer help
    are deceptive. The people that are here to help do anything but.

6. magnumpi28

magnumpi28 Jr. Member

Hi daddysgirl0402,
    I know your frustrated, i have been in your shoes so i really understand, but your frustration is directed at the wrong person. Debbie does not work for the VA, Debbie didn't make the confusing forms, in fact, Debbie lost out on over 100,000 in benefits BECAUSE of the VA! Debbie is trying to CHANGE things for the better ON HER OWN TIME AND HER OWN DIME!
    OK, take a deep breath, and tell what EXACTLY do you need help with??? Someone will help you.

7. vetadmin

Thank you magnumpi28!

8. Hi magnumpi28,

I'd like to thank you for getting me to see where my mistake is. You are correct, I am frustrated, I am extremely frustrated. I feel so much pressure trying to help my parents and cannot get any help. Thanks for understanding.

Debbie I am very sorry that I took these frustrations out on you. I know you were trying to help. I am so confused anymore, I don't know where to begin. Half of me is telling me to see it thru, and another part of me is telling me to "forget it completely" - though I know that's now what I want to do. I love my dad and I want him to get this help. I just don't know what to do.

I am so very confused with two forms: 21-4142, and 21-527EZ. I see after the VA hospital in Philly sent me a new form that I did not fill it out correctly. Yet the Colonel with whom I am working with at the VA did not point that out. I feel like the wheels are spinning and I am not making any headway.

I just don't know what to do. So very sorry to take my frustration out on you. But it is true, I am only one person too. And I feel like the weight of the world is on me. My dad knows I am trying to get these benefits for him and every day he wants me to tell him what is going on... kinda like what you went thru. It is disappointing to have to tell my dad I didn't get the work done. I really don't know where to begin. Reading these questions are tricky, at best. I can't catch where they are done with asking one question to going back to asking MY DAD about himself.

I guess the short answer is I am starting to feel like a REAL failure. I wish i never mentioned any of this to my dad he is so eager to see help, and I am not sure how to get it for him.

9. Sperry8

Sperry8 Newbie

Re these two forms I suggest one of two things.

(i) go to your local VA office and wait in line to see someone. Sit with them and have them walk you through the forms required to apply for A&A and when you get to a form you don't understand, have them walk you through what is required and how to fill it out. Sometimes they aren't well versed in the forms (as they are not the benefits group), but they may have a better understanding than you
    (ii) if this fails,you may contact a VSO (Veteran's Service Organization) who can help you fill out the forms. They should provide these services to you for free - you do not have to pay. There are companies online who will do all this for you - but for a fee. Personally I think they charge too much (generally $500) but if the first two options do not work for you, you may want to go this route. But I would start with the first two and try to get it done for free.

10. flowerfloosey

flowerfloosey Newbie

Can you suggest a company that is easy to work with?

11. vetadmin

Sending you a private email.