Advice needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eifan115, May 22, 2016.

1. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

So I brought form 21-2680 to the neurology appt where my mother was seeing the nurse practitioner but had seen the MD originally. I told the NP that we needed the form signed by the MD and they were going to mail it back to me. So doesn't the form come back with the MD's name in the printed section but signed by the NP in the signature section. I'm so upset. I don't know if this form will be accepted now by the VA. Don't whether to send it in and hope for the best or make another appt to have the form refilled out and resigned by the actual doctor. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was really hoping to get everything in the mail this week and now it will have to be delayed. :(
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Unfortunately, it does need to by signed by the physicians, not the NP. I would call them and let them know you are on a time sensitive schedule with filing for this A&A benefit to help pay for the costs of your mother's care. Ask them the best way to get this form completed and signed by the physician in the fastest manner. I am sorry to hear about the delay, but you are on the right track!