Adding A&A to a Basic Death Pension

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by deecee, Jul 29, 2016.

  1. deecee

    deecee Newbie

    My mother now receives a small death pension as the surviving spouse of my veteran father. Her health has now deteriorated after a stroke where she needs in home assistance or she will ultimately need to move to an assisted living facility. I'm wondering what I need to do to go from the basic pension and add Aid and Attendence? I'm thinking I would not need a complete new application. Would I need just to submit a Drs statement and a new diagnosis justifying the assistance, or something else?

  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

  3. deecee

    deecee Newbie

    Thank you very much.
    Kaylin likes this.

Share This Page