A&A for my Mama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimmylinn, Mar 12, 2012.

1. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Given that you are under 90 days, this is not surprising. No need to be concerned at this point.

2. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

THANKS Should I count 90 days from March or from April when I sent in the other form?

3. vetadmin

The 2nd one as without a complete application, they cannot process the claim.

4. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

I wonder why one vet gets those standard processing letters and another doesn't.
    My husband's claim has been just about 8 weeks now.
    I know he is in the development stage from the call center.
    So far we have not received any of those " we are working on your claim" letters.
    I think I have read of some others that did not get anything either.
    Just wondering....

5. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

I don't know unless its because of my Mama's age 88 years old and we sent a letter asking to expedite it because of her age.

6. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thanks for your response Jimmylinn :)
    My husband is 84 and we had help from a veteran's helper at our local senior center.
    He also included a statement referencing age and need for expedition.
    Maybe it depends on the processing center? We are out of Milwaukee Pension Center.
    Well, I guess we all just have to be patient...Good luck!!

7. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

Maybe we are thur Philedelphia. Good Luck to you also. ;D

8. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Finally received that form letter today. My hubby's claim is just about 60 days now.
    I am very grateful for this website, at least we can read about what others experience.
    It is good support in this long, painful process.

9. vetadmin

Glad that we could be here and share support and knowledge in the process.

10. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

Hi just checking in. We are now 73 days into the process. Nothing but 2 form letters received
    saying they are still processing. "Fingers crossed" that it will have a resolution within the 90 day
    period.Glad to read of the progress some are having.
    Thanks

11. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

I used a website that was posted on here to check on status of claim. I got answer saying that the claim was still in the
    Developmental Phrase which could take 161 days. Then there is the Decision Phase and then the Notification Phase.Then they
    said that they had contacted Philadelphia Pension Management Center for information on claim and when they got the information
    they would contact us.
    My mother has fallen and broke her hip and is now in Nursing home rehab trying to get her back on her feet. Don't know what the outcome will be.Question is there anything I can do to follow up and maybe get an answer quicker.Most of her bills are covered by Medicare for a certain number of days and then ????
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

12. vetadmin

Sorry for your Mom's fall and hope she recovers soon.

With Medicare paying for the majority of her rehab costs, you can't claim those expenses.

Regarding using this to get the VA to move faster, it would not have much impact on the process. (Sorry)

13. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

So sorry to hear about your mom's fall, jimmylinn.
    Hope she gets better soon...

14. Missmypop

Missmypop Newbie

For what it is worth. I did my father's claim in 2009 when we moved him closer to the kids. Within 90 days his claim was completed and we received the monies. We were hoping for just enough and so very pleased with the amount for his care. He was a WWII vet. He passed away 12/15/2011. When I contacted the VA concerning his death they asked if mother needed anything. At that point in time, no. In short order her health situation changed. I had her appointment yesterday. The intake person told us it would take 200 days to process, mother is 87. I was told to contact them ASAP if things progressed and her health declined. I had printed forms off the web and did every single section with copies of every receipt and paper needed. I think this helped get my father's A/A faster and hoping it will do the same with mother. I know both times we went the person doing the intake was thanking me for having every single item in order and ready.