526 application and supporting documentation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalimba, Feb 28, 2011.

  1. kalimba

    kalimba Newbie

    I just ran across this board while in the process of gathering information to file the A & A application for my 91 year old father. Is there a previous posts area that will answer questions about filing procedures, supporting documention, care giver payment requirements, etc?
    For instance, I have made a copy of my father's original discharge papers which does not have a raised seal. However, I was told by a rep for the XYZ Company (name removed) that I need to request a copy from the VA because they require a raised seal. What kind of documention do they require to show care giver payment? Does it have to come from a lawyer or can a form just be notorized?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    We would caution you in your dealing with the company you listed.

    You can use the search engine feature on this forum for any topic you need additional information on.

    You can get a copy of his discharge papers notarized, and include a statement made by you, "That this is a true and accurate copy of the original document".

Share This Page