21-8416 Medical Expense Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redraven4664daughter, Jan 22, 2013.

1. We received this in the mail from the VA over the weekend with a letter stating that the anual EVR reporting will no longer be required. Anyone else get this letter in the mail?

Ours was dated January 14, 2013.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

We posted earlier in the month that the VA has done away with the annual EVR, so you can assume this is a correct notification.

3. newpenny

newpenny Jr. Member

Just got my in the mail today.

4. woodrow

woodrow Newbie

I received letter today dated January 14, 2013 stating EVR no longer required. However it did not include 21-8416 Medical Expense Report or any specifics on what is required.

5. Yes, I knew about them doing away with the annual EVR, just wondering if anyone else received the letter and form as I have an inquiry pending with them and was just wondering if that could be part of my response to that or if everyone received it as well.

Also found a spelling error within the form, lol...

6. Max

Max Hero Member

Where is the spelling error?

7. greg

greg Newbie

Our letter telling us that the EVR is no longer required stated that "you may report any unreimbursed medical expenses on VA Form 21-8416". They did not bother to include a blank copy of the form. (No problem, I'd rather fill it out electronically anyway.)

So, the paperwork doesn't go away completely. The good news is that 21-8416 for 2012 expenses can be filed all the way up to 12/31/2013.

8. It is within the body of the letter, stating that the EVR's are no longer necessary, not the actual form.

9. I have seen letters from the VA with bad spelling and bad grammar. The mistakes make me cringe!