21-526 now and doctor's statement later?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greg, Jun 7, 2011.

  1. greg

    greg Newbie

    Hi all,

    I have a 21-526 and supporting documentation ready to go for my father-in-law. The only thing I do not yet have is the statement from his doctor.

    I filed a letter-of-intent back in late April and the ALF is floating us the anticipated award amount for at least a few more months, so time is not critcal yet. Should I file what I have now and send the doctor's statement when it's available, or should I hold off and send everything all at once?

    Thanks for your help,
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Since you already sent in the "Informal Claim" don't send until you have it all together. The informal claim protects the start date, but at this point it makes no sense to send without it being complete as the VA cannot rule or process without the dr's eval.

Share This Page