100% Permanent Disability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 77theresa, Dec 9, 2014.

1. 77theresa

77theresa Newbie

My father already gets 100% permanent Disability, I was told by a VA rep in Florida that he does not qualify for Aid & Attendance, is this true and after my dad has it for 10 years and say something happened to my dad does my mom qualify for any of his disability benifits. And one more question if dad doesnt need assitant living but mom does, cant she get the basic pension?? ???
  2. VA Legal Team

VA Legal Team Full Member

There is something called Special Monthly Compensation w/ Aid and Attendance.

Here is an article I wrote about it:

3. 77theresa

77theresa Newbie

so can my dad still get aid and assistance if he already gets 100% permanent disability
  4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

If your Dad's 100% is service-connected, and he now requires the assistance of others for his daily living, he can apply for the addition of A&A.

You would not do the entire application for this pension. Do the 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim with the statement "I now require the assistance of others for my daily living". You also need the 21-2680 - Physician's Evaluation making the same statement.

If the addition of A&A is granted, he would see a range of $750-$830 increase. He cannot draw the full amount of A&A on top of the 100% compensation.
  5. 77theresa

77theresa Newbie

God bless you and thank you so much for this info my father is a korean war vet he was at the chosin resevoir and now my mom needs assistance my dad has been taking care of her he fell and broke his neck upon arrival back home after 1 month rehab he has fallen again and may paralyze himself if he continues to fall. we ant to sell their home in florida and move them home to virginia