New Profile Posts

  1. Debra Retzlaff
    Debra Retzlaff Kaylin
    Kaylin or whoever might help me. My mother passed on Dec. 29, 2017 after she received her A&A from the VA that morning by direct deposit. Being she died only hours after that deposit what happens? I understand that if it was at the first, middle it has to go back but how do they determine at the end of the month?
    1. Debra Retzlaff
      Debra Retzlaff
      I am just confused. So many people giving me so many different answers. Because Dec. 29, 2017 was a Friday before the holiday which was the 1st???
      Jan 23, 2018
  2. Ann Shine
    Ann Shine
    Hi, is there an additional form for section X on 21-527EZ? Not enought spaces for medical expenses
  3. Greg Moeland
    Greg Moeland Max
    Max, Can you contact me? I'm on the verge of hiring someone to help with the app process for mom, but you recommended against that.
  4. Karenforjoe
    Can anyone help me find the Statement of Occupancy for my dad's assisted living statement?
    1. Bishop16
      I put it on your thread!
      Sep 27, 2017
      Kaylin likes this.
  5. Lana
    Has anyone ever heard of AVCC (American Veteran Care Connection)? Has anyone used them to file the A & A Benefit paperwork? Pros? Cons?
  6. NDgirlz
    Just confirming I must report the sale of my mother's home on VA 21-8049 and monthly ALF expenses. She currently receives A&A. Thank you.
    1. Matt375
      Yes you need to report the net proceeds from the sale of the house. That could potentially stop her pension but not always. Either way you MUST report the change in income.
      Aug 3, 2017
  7. 98bonga
    Help for Down Syndrome child of WWII vet
    1. 98bonga
      Does anyone have experience applying for a disabled child? Looking at assisted/independent living facility that is $2K/mo. She receives $1300 in SS.
      Apr 21, 2017
  8. Grace Blake
    Grace Blake
    Does Reserve service after Active service qualify? Tom served 4/1/61 to 1/10/64 reserves to 3/31/67. In nursing home. Apply for benefits?
    1. Matt375
      No only Federal Active duty counts for this pension.
      Aug 3, 2017
  9. Robert Hilke
    Robert Hilke
    Do I have to file as guardian and fiduciary?
  10. Elaine T
    Elaine T
    What happens to 8 months of back pay that my mom waited for from A&A since 2014 and never received? She passed away June 2016.
  11. deborah peterman
    deborah peterman
    I am the caretaker of my mother who is the widow of a 100% disabled vet. I have applied for Aid and Attendance for her.
    1. Kaylin likes this.
  12. fpb38
    I am submitting Form 21-534EZ on behalf of my mother. Do I need to include a certified copy of my parent's marriage certificate? Thank you
    1. Kaylin likes this.
    2. Kaylin
      Yes, it needs to be certified or notarized (as I've head these are accepted also)
      Mar 23, 2017
    3. fpb38
      Thank you. Actually I was told to that a notary public would not notarize a copy of the "certified" marriage certificate. So I will submit the certified copy of my parent's marriage certificate and keep a copy for me. I will obtain another certified copy of the marriage certificate from NYC for our records. Thank you.
      Apr 5, 2017
  13. Laura Szerdi
    Laura Szerdi Kaylin
    Hello Kaylin,
    I think I saw a post on here somewhere that said A & A will not pay benefits for an "independent" living facility. Is this true?I'm looking at a facility that has both independent and assisted living. He's not really needing the "assisted" part yet, but he does need a facility where there is a 24 hour staff. Thank you!
  14. rohit sharma
    rohit sharma vetadmin
    thanks for approving me
  15. Phyllis burch
    Phyllis burch Kaylin
    Hi My mother is eligible and 87. She's in a nursing home but still is very much ALIVE! I take care of her but this one company says they will do all the work but charge almost $1500.

    I don't want to give an organization who says we get IU t anyway as my sister in law's both had to get attorneys to get this benefit. .
    The phone number on here is an apartment complex so is confusing.

    Thank you
    1. Phyllis burch
      Phyllis burch
      Also no way to expedite as he died in 72. She never remarried! Sad as she's been at same place 17 years. Thank you
      Dec 13, 2016
    2. Phyllis burch
      Phyllis burch
      hello is there anyone that is going to answer my questions?? Also do we need his death and their marriage certificate?
      Dec 14, 2016
  16. Edna
    Is there anyway online we can check on forms submitted?
    1. Kaylin
      I don't think there is, Edna. Especially if you sent everything by mail. We encourage everyone to make copies of their complete application to keep for themselves so they know what paperwork they submitted.
      Sep 26, 2016
      toxdoc49 likes this.
  17. Edna
    Favorite time of year
  18. BarraquiasMcrey
    I am a youngest son of wwII how can I apply special veterans benefit for wwIIvet? Inbehalf of our parent both dei both never to received ?
    1. BarraquiasMcrey
      I am now suffer of high blood presure I am 52 years old now financially hardship how I apply specfial veterans benefit for wwIIvet.I need justices of my Dad served the to u.s.Armed force of America when the philippine territory of united states during wwII. Who did not able to enjoyed any benefit during their life time.
      Sep 9, 2016
  19. Keith
    24 hour caregiver. Stressed and emotional.
  20. Patricia
    I would appreciate any answers I can get. Thank you.