VeteranAid.org Forum
September 03, 2015, 12:04:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lots of successes are being reported on the forums.  If you are running into difficulties, ask questions.  Many successes came from getting answers from people who have been through the process.

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA file number  (Read 30510 times)
Leigh Ann

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »

This might seem like a dumb question BUT what is the VA file number? Should I already know this?
We just applied for a&a last month for my grandmother and have been worried about the VA file number.
Thanks so much as always for your help!   

Leigh Ann
celeste

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »

I applied for my mother, the surviving spouse.  My father, the veteran, had a "file" number assigned to him way back whenever he first used VA benefits.  That is the "VA File Number" they ask for on the A & A application.  It will be the same number when you hear from them regarding your grandmother.........the veteran's file number.  My mother was a pack rat and I was able to get my hands on paperwork for Dad's VA medical benefits.
That is where I found the VA file number.
Leigh Ann

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »

Oh no! Now I am worried I already sent the application and all other documents WITHOUT the file number! What should I do and will this cause a huge delay?
AnnieN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »

Leigh Ann, I didn't have a VA file number when I applied for my Mom (she's the vet) and it wasn't a problem.  They just used her SS no. whenever they wanted to access her paperwork, until her a&A decision was made.  At that time they assigned her a VA file number.  Of course, we had not had any other interaction with the VA other than the application (and her health care but they are separate entities).  I did put her name and SS # on each page of the application to make sure they could all be identified.  Good luck to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: