VeteranAid.org Forum
October 22, 2014, 04:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget to sign up for the VeteranAid.org Newsletter for the latest information on the VA and Aid & Attendance.  Click Here to subscribe.

Home   Help Search Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Call back option at the VA  (Read 10183 times)
Patches01

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »

I was totally excited about the new feature when calling the VA 877-294-6380.  It stated that all lines busy and if I want a call back, press 1.  So, I went through the phone prompts and expected to have a return call from the VA at the appointed time they set.  Today was the C/B appt. time, phone rang, VA on phone with a recording that all lines were busy and to try back later.  I know that the intentions are good, but could take the frustration level up a notch.  Time for some Celestial Tension Relief tea.... sipping on... Cry
kimmyk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »

I know what you mean.  I got excited too when I heard this.  I decided just to keep dialing the number until I got through.  It took 3 to 4 times of redialing but it worked!  I did have to wait anywhere from 5 to 12 minutes for someone to answer but I did finally get to speak with someone.  I will continue to do this when I call and hope that the answer I am looking for comes true.  Good Luck.  Kim
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »

By and large, it is better to just keep dialing!
Fillise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

Same thing happened to me today.  Got a call from the "system" saying it was experiencing technical difficulties and it would call me back in 10 minutes.  That was an hour ago and I'm still waiting. 
jabney8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »

I've used this as well.  Problem is that when someone does call you back they really can't answer any questions.  They can look at a computer screen (populated elsewhere) and tell you what is there but they can't give any information on specific questions such as what is holding up, what letters mailed out actually mean.  In fact, for the most part they can't even tell what action was taken - only that an action was taken.  On top of that they are hostage to the diligence of another office to update the system they are reading from.  It's very frustrating.
kimmyk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

Just had to tell you all about my experience with calling the VA on Monday morning.  Of all days to call, right? Well, I decided to try first thing in the morning (8:00 am), and guess what?  I was the very first caller for the day!!!  Could not believe it! The rep told me I was first in line.  Luck break I guess.  Anyways, they could only tell me that my father's medical status was approved and now it would go to the processing department for further action.  When I asked him if that meant he was going to be awarded the claim all he could tell me was that my father would be getting a letter in the next couple of weeks with the outcome. Sure wish they would just say yes or no and quit acting like they don't know.  We all know that they know the answer so why not just tell us.  I guess this is good news or least I am hoping it is.  Good luck to all. Kim
Captain Paul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 10:22:59 PM »

While drinking your tea, open an "Ebenefits" account, go to www.ebenefits.va.gov and start your basic account! Try for your Prime account after you establish your Basic account! There is a lot of user friendly information available to you, but only with a "Prime" account can you interact with the VA! Many of your information needs from, or to the VA, can be handled through your "Ebenefits" account! There is also some delay when checking on your requests for benefits, or appeals, about 21 days behind! Another Idea is to make contact with an "Accredited" Veteran Service Officer, with most  Veteran Service Organizations, some have direct telephone service with the VSO Help Desk! Again the information will be several days old as the VSO at the Help Desk only has your computer files to read from!
charles0390

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »

I'v used the C/C feature in the past and have never had a problem my problem is with the new E-Benefits deal I was already registered but since then they changed it so now I have to redo user name and password which I attempted to do several times answering the questions then verifying them yet every time I did it it would come back as incorrect answer etc and so on so now I have to do over the phone to reestablish my E-Benefits account so they should be calling my back this Friday between 100 and 100-15am,I'll let y'all know what happens
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »

There are a lot of issues with E-benefits right now, and for those who did not complete the application, it will be deleted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: