VeteranAid.org Forum
October 20, 2014, 07:30:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget to sign up for the VeteranAid.org Newsletter for the latest information on the VA and Aid & Attendance.  Click Here to subscribe.

Home   Help Search Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Form SSA-24, Application For Survivor's Benefits  (Read 5893 times)
jbryant916

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »

Am completing the Aid and Attendance application (VA Form 21-534) for my mother-in-law, whose husband served in the Army in WWII.  He died in 2007 at age 91, and was not retired from the military.  He was receiving a very small VA pension at the time of his death.  The last page of the A&A application form is the Form SSA-24, Application For Survivor's Benefits.  I seem to remember the funeral home completing a form like this for any benefits my mother-in-law was entitled to at the time her husband passed away, but am not sure. 

Can anyone explain what this form might entitle her to?  On the one hand, I don't want to be accused of applying for a benefit already received, but also don't want to her to miss out because we don't complete the form and submit it for her.  Thanks.
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:05:35 AM »

Form SSA-24 is used if you want the VA to apply for Social Sec. benefits for you.  Usually this is non-applicable in making application for this pension.
iccdan56

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »

I'm filling out form 534 on behalf of my mother and find the SSA-24 confusing.  My mom is getting her monthly SS retirement benefits.  Is the SSA-24 an application for something other than normal monthly retirement benefits?  Thanks
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

Form SSA-24 is used if you want the VA to apply for Social Sec. benefits for you.  Usually this is non-applicable in making application for this pension.

Since Mom already receives SS, not necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: