VeteranAid.org Forum
September 23, 2014, 07:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lots of successes are being reported on the forums.  If you are running into difficulties, ask questions.  Many successes came from getting answers from people who have been through the process.

Home   Help Search Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Form SSA-24, Application For Survivor's Benefits  (Read 5827 times)
jbryant916

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »

Am completing the Aid and Attendance application (VA Form 21-534) for my mother-in-law, whose husband served in the Army in WWII.  He died in 2007 at age 91, and was not retired from the military.  He was receiving a very small VA pension at the time of his death.  The last page of the A&A application form is the Form SSA-24, Application For Survivor's Benefits.  I seem to remember the funeral home completing a form like this for any benefits my mother-in-law was entitled to at the time her husband passed away, but am not sure. 

Can anyone explain what this form might entitle her to?  On the one hand, I don't want to be accused of applying for a benefit already received, but also don't want to her to miss out because we don't complete the form and submit it for her.  Thanks.
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:05:35 AM »

Form SSA-24 is used if you want the VA to apply for Social Sec. benefits for you.  Usually this is non-applicable in making application for this pension.
iccdan56

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »

I'm filling out form 534 on behalf of my mother and find the SSA-24 confusing.  My mom is getting her monthly SS retirement benefits.  Is the SSA-24 an application for something other than normal monthly retirement benefits?  Thanks
vetadmin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

Form SSA-24 is used if you want the VA to apply for Social Sec. benefits for you.  Usually this is non-applicable in making application for this pension.

Since Mom already receives SS, not necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: