Your claim will now be processed under our regular adjudication procedures.

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by CMT0216, Mar 12, 2016.

1. CMT0216

CMT0216 Newbie

My original application for A&A for my widowed mother was electronically submitted through my local VA office in August 2015. In January, 2016, I received a letter stating that additional information was needed therefore my application can no longer be processed under the Fully Developed Claim Program-Your claim will now be processed under our regular adjudication procedures.

They are requesting VA Form 21-686c, Declaration of Status of Dependents. This form was originally sent to them but we failed to put N/A in the empty boxes, therefore they have rejected the application. :-\ In February, I met again with my local VA office to submit the requested paperwork.

My questions are: What does it mean to have the application go through this adjudication process and is there anything I can do to speed the process?
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

I have not heard of this adjudication process before, nor is there any record on the forums of anyone else mentioning it. If you resubmitted the correct paperwork in February, the application should be in the process of being completed and hopefully award of the A&A benefit will be headed your mother's way soon! Is your mother over the age of 90? If so, you can request the application be expedited due to her age.
  3. CMT0216

CMT0216 Newbie

Thank you for your response.

My mother is 87. We will continue to wait.