XYZ Company

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caroliso, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Caroliso

Caroliso Jr. Member

I was given a brochure for XYZ Company (name removed) by my geriatric case manager, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of organization this is. From their website I gather that this is a private organization that helps people file for A&A benefits but also "provides homecare services." They don't charge for the service of helping people file. I know you can't advocate for organizations but I guess I'm trying to figure out if this is one of many kinds of organizations that do this sort of thing, and whether or not there is an advantage or disadvantage to using them. Anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

We cannot speak to the credibility of this group, but we do want to caution you that some of these groups use this as a way to get you to use their services.

If for any reason while you are in the waiting period for approval, you decide you don't like their services, or the people they send out, and want to change companies, it can get complicated. They no longer have any reason to assist you in getting the pension, and they will have all the paper work.

The cannot charge you for assisting with the application, so the payment for them is you using their service for which they will be paid.

If you go this route, you just need to be mindful that you get a complete copy of the application and get back all the original documents, and proof of how they sent it and delivery. Also to not appoint them in any way to be a representative or contact. All that needs to be you or another family member by submitting a 21-0845 "Approved 3rd Party" with the application.