Who should sign Informal Claim form 21-4138

Discussion in 'How to Apply Questions' started by jtierney71, Apr 17, 2011.

  1. jtierney71

    jtierney71 Newbie

    Hi there,

    Thank you for this fabulous website... it is a gift to the world!

    I'm about to get the aid and attendance process started for my mother (a surviving spouse) and
    am about to submit an Informal Claim via form 21-4138.

    Since my mother has severe dementia... is it okay if I sign it and put my address (where she resides half of the day anyway)
    or should I get to scribble an attempt at a signature in the box.

    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Thank you for your kind words, and we are glad you found us.

    You can hold your mom's hand and let her sign and if she can only do an "X" for a signature, that is fine as well. Just get it witnessed.

    Since she actually resides at your residence half a day, you are fine to use your address for her location.

    Good luck with the process, and make certain to keep a complete copy of everything, send the right Pension Center for her state, and mail Return Receipt.
  3. jtierney71

    jtierney71 Newbie

    Thanks for your help Debbie... will do.


Share This Page