Which medical form to send to physician for claimant using " in home care"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ktakacs, Jul 2, 2010.

  1. Ktakacs

    Ktakacs Newbie

    I have come across two different forms for what I think is the same purpose. One form is VA form 21-2680 to be filled out by the physician " EXAMINATION FOR HOUSEBOUND OR PERMANENT NEED FOR REGULAR AID AND ATTENDANCE" and the other one is one I found on this forum without a VA form number but it is titled " MEDICAL STATEMENT FOR CONSIDERATION OF AID AND ATTENDANCE. I want to make sure that my mother's physician fills out the right form the first time ! My mother receivces home care services from an agency. I have had a discussion with her physician about the need for her documentaton and she wasn't even aware of this benefit so this will be her first time filling out documentation. Please advise as to which one I should send along. My mom's has dementia and Alz. , neither form seems to address those dysfunctions as much as they seem focused on physical disabilities.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You can use either one.

Share This Page