Where and who to appeal if denied?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevel52, Nov 18, 2012.

  1. kevel52

    kevel52 Newbie

    I am new to the forum and looked at the website. Is there a form for making appeal. My friend's mother was denied because she was told that her husband's death was not a result of a military injury. She has no assets just SS. He was WWII vet.

    Thank you fro any assistance.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    NEVER, EVER, EVER file an "appeal" when it comes to this pension. If you do, you just bought 2+ years waiting on a hearing.

    The VA processed her claim for the wrong thing. All you do is submit a VA form 21-4138 "Statement in Support of Claim" telling the VA that the application was for the "Aid and Attendance" level of Improved Pension, and request that they please reprocess for the correct benefit.

Share This Page