what is meant by net worth statement??

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by sschramm, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sschramm

sschramm Newbie

I am assisting my mother with A&A, and we received a notice saying that they need a net worth statement. We have supplied all of our bank account information, current balances, etc., but I am confused as to what else they could be looking for. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

sschramm,

Did they send you form 21-0849?

That is what they use when they are looking for additional financial information.

If not, did they include a form asking for detailed information.

It may be you need to call them if neither of these forms are appropriate to determine what specific information they are looking for and what would be the proper form to submit it on.

3. sschramm

sschramm Newbie

no, they only sent a Statement in Support of Claim (21-4138), and asked that we use this form to tell them the net worth.

4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

sschramm,

As vetadmin mentioned it may be best to call the VA to see what exactly it is they are looking for since they only sent you the general Statement in Support of Claim form. If you included all the bank statements and other information you believe was all you needed for the net worth, I would call them.

5. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

sschramm,

If you can get specifics from them as to what they feel was missing providing that all financial info was included with the application, that would be helpful. They have to be looking for something that they feel info was missing.