va asking for more medical information from my mom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caspersmom, Aug 15, 2009.

1. caspersmom

caspersmom Newbie

I have a question I am in the process of applying for aid and attndance for my mom and they have requested more info from me. "doctor to submit medical evidence to support your claim" Should the medial statement for consideration be enough or do I need something else proving my Mother had a stroke and cannot drive? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The Physician’s Statement from her doctor providing all info for her medical circumstances should be enough. Are you saying that you have submitted that form with the application and the VA has come back and asked for addition information?

3. caspersmom

caspersmom Newbie

yes I submitted it but I wonder if they got it because it wasn't listed on the form they mailed back to me? What elso could I send them another statment form her Doctor?

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Send them another statement and make sure to send it to the Regional office you received the correspondence from as well as sending Certified Return Receipt.

5. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

sometimes VA does this because the evidence of record isnt sufficient. just reply with any medical evidence you have. I would also go to her primary doctor and get any recent, relevant records from them, if needed.