Third party A&A Benefit Company

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DMADMA, Nov 14, 2009.

1. DMADMA

DMADMA Newbie

Does anyone have any experience with the Association of**** and their services? I attended one of their seminars where they claim
    that they have helped thousands of Veterans and spouses receive over $145 million of the A&A Benefit over the past 7 yrs, and have a 100% track record in getting the benefit approved for people that follow their "system." We tried filing out the paperwork by ourselves for my Grandmother, had the "sure thing" approval from the local VSO, but just got denied.
    Please respond if you have any good or bad experiences with them!

2. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

Re: Association --Third party A&A Benefit Company

ive never heard of them.

i briefly looked at their website.

do you have to pay to attend the seminar or the 1 on 1 "counseling"?

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Re: Association --Third party A&A Benefit Company

Without coming out and saying anything negative or positive, can we suggest that you follow the step-by-step directions on our site, and prepare a proper package sending it to the right processing center for the state you are filing in.

NOBODY gives seminars and claims 100% following their "proven" program. If there is a "program", then there is going to be a fee attached somewhere.

4. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

Re: --Third party A&A Benefit Company

fees = bad

they sound fishy to me. doesnt say anywhere on their site that they are some volunteer group or non-profit group. frauds. avoid them.

5. mhenton

mhenton Newbie

We (my sister and I along with my dad) were introduced to them recently. We didn't attend a seminar. The representative meets with folks at the senior living facility where my dad recently moved.

We are trying to decide whether to "go" with them or not. Yes, they make the application process sound daunting, and encourage the potential client to take use their services. They, the *****, make the case that they have a staff of folks, understand the process, stay on top of the process, etc.

Here's the catch and the piece that has us suspicious: Dad would need to "gift" a chunk of his money to my sister and me so that his assets come in line ($30,000). But the money would have to go into an indexed annuity with American National Insurance Company. We don't have choices about where to put the money. The representative works for this company, obviously.

We met with our financial advisor who pointed out a couple of things:
    1. An indexed annuity has a very high management fee. This, in turn, affects the return on the money
    2. There is a 10-year surrender on the annuity

I have to say, the thought of navigating the entire VA process, though, is frightening. The last thing we want to do is to lose an opportunity for Dad to get some of the benefit available to him.

Thoughts? Experiences? Ideas??

6. Fit2009

Fit2009 Sr. Member

Re: Association of --Third party A&A Benefit Company

Elder Resource Benefits Consulting www.elderbenefitsconsulting.com will help you with a quick analysis at no charge that should let you know if an annuity is really required. They don't sell any financial products, very reputable, check out their website. Tell them you came from veteranaid website.

7. KarenO

KarenO Jr. Member

DMADMA - what was the reason for the denial?

8. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

these guys are frauds. if the assets are below 80K and the vet already uses his savings to pay for his care, then file the application with the VA.

they are using the VA benefits assistance as a ploy to get people to buy annuities,etc. which you have to PAY THEM to do for you.

stay away.

9. new57

new57 Newbie

I am going to try them out. A few things their rep pointed out to me:

1. At my fathers age the VA will not allow more than 30K of assets. The rest which is gifted to me will go into an annuity.
    2. The annunity contains a return of premium rider, which means you can never lose principal upon an early surrender; only interest is lost.
    3. In the state of florida, annuity principals are backed up by the state guarantee fund.
    4. Threre really is not a better place to get a better (safe) return.
    5. They see the whole process thru start to finish.

Now, i realize, i can probably do this myself, but after everything i have been through with my dad, i do not have the energy to do the paperwork and follow-up.

I am glad i found this site, and i look foward to trading any information with the members of the forum.

10. vetadmin

We have had no positive reports or feedback, and caution you to proceed with care. You do not state your dad's age, but stating that your dad can only have 30K is incorrect and a sure sign of someone wanting you to put the rest into a financial product for someone else to profit.

11. new57

new57 Newbie

He is 87.

12. new57

new57 Newbie

I got inspired last night :)
    I downloaded the application, filled it out, and i think i only need the following:

1. 21-22a - application for my representatation
    2. doctors statement
    3. ALF statement
    4. Medical expense statement
    5. offical record of military service (got it this past week )

Anthing else?
    Also any advice on the fiduciary process, as dad has alzheimers, and i know it will become an issue.

thanks,
    eric

13. vetadmin

Eric,

Think you made the right decision, and all the resources you need on on the site and forums.

With regards to the fiduciary process, the VA does not acknowledge POA, so please see this link regarding fiduciary. The VA recently changed the way in which they are dealing with this issue. Currently they are supposedly not holding the payments upon approval, and any back payments will be addressed at the time the meeting with the Field Agent takes place, which is good news that funds will be available upon approval.
    http://www.veteranaid.org/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=9&artlang=en

Key point for you is to make certain to keep copies of all correspondence including a complete copy of the application you are sending off. Always send via Registered Return Receipt.

Please verify that the state is Florida so we can provide the correct address for the processing center to send the completed package to.

14. new57

new57 Newbie

thank you for your encouraging words.

we are in the state of florida.

except for the alzheimers, my application is pretty straight forward.

income is ss only, and the monthly expenses reduce it to less than zero.

thanks again.

15. Joe

Joe Newbie

Hi
    My mom is newly in an assisted living facility in Fallbrook, California and she went to a seminar by a guy with Association of ****--Third party A&A Benefit Company. I went and met with him and it all sounds good...but he wants us to put almost all of my mom's assets into an annuity with American *****Company. Are there any guarantees that mom with get the 1600 per month funding from the VA??

16. vetadmin

Re: Association of Wartime Veterans--Third party A&A Benefit Company

Joe,

A word of caution here. There are no guaruntees no matter how much money you give these folks to put into an annuity. The only guaruntee is that this group will make a handsome commission for "helping" your mom. Please read the other post about folks who were also made this same offer by the same company.

Posted by: Fit2009
    Elder Resource Benefits Consulting www.elderbenefitsconsulting.com will help you with a quick analysis at no charge that should let you know if an annuity is really required. They don't sell any financial products, very reputable, check out their website. Tell them you came from veteranaid website

Posted by: pologal1979
    these guys are frauds. if the assets are below 80K and the vet already uses his savings to pay for his care, then file the application with the VA.
    they are using the VA benefits assistance as a ploy to get people to buy annuities,etc. which you have to PAY THEM to do for you. stay away.

Posted by: mhenton
    Here's the catch and the piece that has us suspicious: Dad would need to "gift" a chunk of his money to my sister and me so that his assets come in line ($30,000). But the money would have to go into an indexed annuity with American National Insurance Company. We don't have choices about where to put the money. The representative works for this company, obviously.

We met with our financial advisor who pointed out a couple of things:
    1. An indexed annuity has a very high management fee. This, in turn, affects the return on the money
    2. There is a 10-year surrender on the annuity

I have to say, the thought of navigating the entire VA process, though, is frightening. The last thing we want to do is to lose an opportunity for Dad to get some of the benefit available to him.

17. Joe

Joe Newbie

18. new57

new57 Newbie

i sent the application in last week.

based on the support and encouragement here, i think anyone could do this on their own.

you need the time and patience to gather all the information and forms.

eric

19. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

new57 - good for you. you are a smart cookie. :)

please people, if you have to PAY someone to fill out a form for you, then it is NOT legit. these people are making up false rules to get people to pay them to move the veteran's assets around.

admin is correct, the va doesnt "allow" above $30K in assets. this is completely false and untrue.

the pension benefit is based on several factors to include basic entitlement criteria, income, net worth and unreimbursed medical expenses.