Thank you Debbie!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Janice B, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Janice B

Janice B Newbie

Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this site. I submitted my mothers application in June 2012 and I had followed everything you had posted. We just received back that just one thing was wrong with the application was that a Nurse Practioner signed the Doctors form and not the doctor. So we will have him sign and send back.

I am just so thankful for this site as if I had done it on my own I know I would have been missing all sorts of information. Since I followed the check list you provided on the website on each and every question on the application it saved me from making any mistakes. I think it is awesome after hearing some of the stories that this one little thing is the only thing wrong. Thank you again for all your do for our Veteran's and their Families.

Sincerely,
    Janice Motes ;D

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Janice,

Thank you for your kind words about my work.

I apologize for not responding sooner, but have had many committments associated with Veterans Day that are just now winding down.

I'm glad you pointed out about the nurse practioner as that is a big no-no. The Dr. has to sign this form.

Hopefully once you get that back in, things will progress smoothly for you.

Best of luck to you, and glad to been of assistance to you.

3. Janice B

Janice B Newbie

Debbie,

Just got word from my brother that Mom was approved!!! She will get $608.00 a month. He says the letter is very confusing and they are holding the back pay. I think it might be that she was declared incompetent by the VA and we need to appoint a fiduciary, but not sure. We are not sure about why she only got the $608 but we will gladly take anything. So pretty darn good for 7 months. Thank you again for all you do.

Janice :) ;D

4. vetadmin

Janice,

You are so welcome, and Congratulations!!

The incompetency ruling would be why they are hold the back award. You will need to go through the Fiduciary process to get that released.

Not knowing what her financial situation is, I can't comment on why not the full award. If you feel financially she should have gotten the full award, you need to determine what if anything the VA did not factor in.

You can send me a private email if you think something is not right.

Glad to hear your news, and glad we could be here for you!

5. suse

suse Jr. Member

Congrats on the approval. It is so uplifting for those of us still waiting to know when there is an approval for someone. We are very soon 4 months since applying & praying our savings last long enough to be approved. I am so happy for you & yours. God Bless!!!

Suse

6. Janice B

Janice B Newbie

Thank you Susie! Your comments mean alot to me. Don't give up. Debbie is awesome if you have any questions! I can't tell you how appreciative I am for this website. It was/is an answer to prayer.

God Bless you also.

Debbie, I made a donation to the site but will make more. Thank you so much!

Janice

7. vetadmin

Janice,

Thank you so very much for supporting our efforts here, and I'm glad that we have been helpful!