Success!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by busymom, Jul 11, 2017.

1. busymom

busymom Newbie

Thank you to all who run and contribute to this site! I submitted an intent to file for my dad (single veteran who is 70) on 2/20/17, then got the completed application in, received on 3/31/17. I submitted everything in a 3-pronged folder with a cover letter explaining all that was included:

• Form 21P-527 EZ Application for Compensation and Accrued Benefits
    • Form 21-0845 Authoriem for him zation to Disclose Personal Information to a Third Party (so that I could contact them for him)
    • Form 21-2680 Physician Statement
    • Care Expense Statement (a form given to me by the rep at my local VA office to be completed by the assisted living facility)
    • DD-214 Form
    • Social Security Benefit letter
    • Bank Statements
    • Copy of small pension my dad receives
    • Invoice from the assisted living facility
    • Copy of cashier's check receipt paid to ALF for initial costs already incurred
    I received the standard form letters along the way, and I checked on the Ebenefits website regularly. Last week, I saw on the website that notification had been sent. They wouldn't tell me anything when I called, then I saw on this website that sometimes people can access their benefit letter on the Ebenefits site under the "Letter Generator" where I was able to print the letter saying he had been awarded the $1794/month. I still haven't received the official package in the mail, but today I was able to see that my dad's retroactive monies were deposited today! I was able to pay back the loan I had helped him get in the meantime to pay for a portion of his care. Total time from application submitted to money received was 3.5 months. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your guidance!

Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Wooo! We love success stories like this! Thank you for sharing your tips and advice with others, @busymom . It is much appreciated.