Success!! Thank you Debbie!!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by mimley, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mimley

mimley Newbie

Those of you who are struggling to get this benefit-do not give up!! I have recently received a check from the VA of almost $10,000 for my mom. I have been working on this for a year but it has finally happened. I should be receiving the first monthly check in the next few days and not a moment too soon. I have had my mom living with us for 5 years and she ran out of money that we needed to keep in home sitters so it was costing my husband and I $1200 a month. We are working people and it was a terrible strain on us but I didn't want to put my mother into a nursing home. The money we will get from the VA will decrease out monthly expense to $200 which, although not easy, is SO much better that I feel like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders. Debbie and her associate guided me with wording of my correspondance that made all the difference in the world. I had already been turned down but went back at it with Debbie's help and although I was discouraged and thought the day would not come, it finally has. Don't give up!
    Marilyn

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Marilyn,

Congratulations on staying the course and not giving up! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing here in the forums so that others who think this day will never get here, will continue their fight.

On the website I clearly state this may be the battle of your life, but one worth engaging in.

All the best to you and your mom, and glad we could help honor your dad's service.