Still waiting in Florida

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by takkaebby2003, May 7, 2012.

1. takkaebby2003

takkaebby2003 Newbie

(I posted this on May 4th, not sure if personal messages are answered or not, so will post this in gen discussion)

Hi, I tried to send a message yesterday and it disappeared! I still have not heard anything and I know I am supposed to be patient. I spoke to Congressman Mica's office and they faxed the inquiry on the 24th and got a confirmation and reference number on the 25th. Whenever I call the 1-800 number I end up getting frustrated all over again. They give me the same info I can access on ebenefits. Cong Mica's office said to stop calling, just wait. We have been waiting!!! Since September!!! I call because I hold a little hope that maybe I can get some real info or at least some sort of glimpse at whats really going on. My dad has only seen VA doctors for as long as I can remember. When I called Wednesday, the rep said there was no record of an inquiry and it would have left a trace in the system. Mica's office say the rep may not have access....I know you said 10 days for a response. Who provides information about the response, the VA or Mica's office? Im just anxious. Im going to London next month for a month to study and want to assured that my dad is in good hands. I have coordinated his care since my mom died when I was 17 (Actually I handle all his affairs). Im sure you understand how precious he is to me. I know that everything happens according to the Divine plan, but as a Social Worker, I always think I can have some influence. This situation has me utterly powerless. In the meantime, I also applied for special adaptive housing grant. Thanks for allowing a forum to vent. They're still saying the decision phase is 70 (was 60 a few weeks ago) and that began April 2nd. Also, I was wondering how you figured that my dad is eligible for additional $800. When reading the rate table they had things like L1 M1 N1....What the heck does that mean???

Take Care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Ebony in Florida

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I responded to your message.